If you are afraid for your life please call our anonymous and confidential hotline. You can
ask questions, plan ways to stay safe or get to a shelter. The confidential hotline number
is: 099 88 78 08
If you want to leave the relationship:
- Do not tell your partner that you’re thinking of
- Plan the safest time and route to go.
- When you do leave, take your children with you.
- Have enough money with you for a bus, train or taxi.
- Pack an overnight bag (but if you aren’t leaving
immediately keep it somewhere outside of the house, such as in the trunk of your car, at
a friend’s house).
- Gather all important documents such as passports, birth
certificates, marriage license, credit card or checkbook in one place so you can grab
them in a hurry.
- Call the hotline (099 88 78 08) and we
can help you plan or assist your escape.
If you are still in the relationship,here are some things you can do to keep yourself safe:
- Think about what you will say to your partner if he\she
becomes violent. Think about what has worked in the past.
- Document when your partner tends to get violent and
keep it in a secret place – maybe you can notice a pattern or specific triggers and
- If he gets violent, avoid rooms with no exits like the
bathroom and rooms with weapons like the kitchen.
- Make a list of safe people to contact. Think of a safe
place to go if he is violent like a friend or family’s house.
- Establish a code word or sign so that family, friends,
neighbors, teachers or co-workers know when to call for help.
- Keep enough money with you at all times for a bus,
train or taxi.
- Keep an overnight bag packed somewhere outside of the
house, such as in the trunk of your car, at a friend’s house.
- Keep all important documents such as passports, birth
certificates, marriage license, credit card or checkbook in one place so that you can
grab it if you need to leave suddenly.
- Teach your children where to go in case of an episode
(a locked room or a neighbor’s house).
Remember, you have the right to live without fear and violence.
Women’s Support Center
Confidential Hotline: 099 88 78 08